Monday, November 15, 2010

I Wash My Cloths

I met my 19th birthday in Canada which meant I became a legally adult. This really meant it somehow because the responsibility was there. I was living at my aunt's house when I first came here, and that is how it started. Unlikely Korean parents beilieve they must support their children economically untill they graduate univercities and get a job, my aunt who married to Canadian husband and lived here for many years was not very supportive I would say. She convinced and let my parents to know that even kids make their own money here in Canada, and I see that it was convincing enough for them becuase not even pennie was given from my parents without a reason since then. It was true in fact and had great affects on me. It really tought me a lot about responsibiliy I conffess, not just economically but mentally as well. I have had like more than 10 different part time and full time jobs I worked for, and I have gained experiences and money for living during the time. I still do. It has led me to veriety of people and to understand their different perspectives. It also encouraged me to keep and to pursue my goal with a feeling of being adult ,a feeling of independency, because, without it, I might be doing something what my parents wanted me to do, not what I want to do if they surpported me whole time through out. I make my own decisions and I am responsible for that. Coming to Canada tought me that earlier than otherwise, and I appreciate it most.

2 comments:

  1. I had pretty similar effects of coming to canada - self-decision, responsibility, etc.
    One more thing, what does it mean by "I Wash My Clothes"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In China, it is also very common that parents provide fully financial support for their children’s high education. I agree to your aunt’s opinion. It’s good for us to cultivate our independence, and learn that money doesn’t come easy. Our society is like a big class, and we can learn a lot of things that cannot get from books.

    ReplyDelete