Monday, November 29, 2010

Visiting Quebec City



         I once traveled from Vancouver, BC to Quebec, Montreal, stopping by every major cities between. It was fun you can say that. I still remember my first night in the homeless shelter in Toronto. Becouse it was not planned way of travelling with only a small amount of budget, I slept during most of the nights in the bus, a shelter, or even in a shopping mall, and walk around the city or near the city during day time, watching people living. Most likely, it was all about it. I mean the travel was kinda focused on more about visiting people living in different areas than visiting places that I'v never been. Maybe it's because my impressions on the cities were that they were pretty much alike in fact, with no remarkable differences. However, when I arrived in Qubec city, the idea changed suddenly. I felt like I was in differnt country. It was like one of the city in Europe. The buildings, streets, and people were all different.




 Firt thing I remember is that English seemed to be the second language for them. Well I guess it's true. They speak French as the first language instead, don't they. The accents and sentence structures they used was as unfarmillar as to make it hard to order a meal from McDonald's in the city, I mean harder.



As you can see in the pictures, the buidings, the architecture was very different too. They are like European buildings with narrow streets which I thought it's kind of romantic.  


It was an winter when I was there, and the night view with snow falling and covering everywhere was just amazing. There were horses leading a carriage for tourists and couples walking together in this narrow streets. I just loved the city thought I was alone and had nothing in my poket.



If you are planning to travel in Canada, Quebec is the city you never want to miss.


1 comment:

  1. seriously, I don't really like this kind of way to travel...sleep in bus and shopping mall...no way....

    ReplyDelete