Sunday, November 7, 2010

Smoking Free

South Korea is a very small country, smaller than BC province actually, but it has about 50 million people living in while Canada has only 33 million. There are lots of differences come from that factor, and one of them would be high polluted air near big cities. Maybe this is why Korean cigarette is much weaker and softer than one in Canada. It doesn't need to be strong because the air people breath normally is already polluted, strongly. Afterall, my life with smoking matter has greatly changed after I started living in Canada.
The prices I pay are much more expansive than in Korea - 2dollars for one pack in Korea- and very limited place that smoking is allowed. For instance, almost every restourants in Korea are smoking permitted. It's slowly changing, but still there are lots. Smokers, they would never go to drink and eat where has a Smoking Free sign. There are numerous differences in smoking I can think of between Korea and Canada. However, it's clear that I have had some kinds of health beneficial effects from smoking in Canada since. I smoke less because of its high costs and because of Smoking Free area. Also the air is clean and nice. I hope these changes somehow help me on quitting smoking afterall.

3 comments:

  1. In my hometown, we can somke inside of the restaurant, kalaok..how about Korea..??lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korea too...
    but here... we cann't smoke inside of building..
    right?
    yeah... you need to quite smoking..
    here..so expensive for somking...
    haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winnie, I think there are lots of similarities in this matter between China and Korea. Korean smokers always smoke inside of restourant and karaoke. Oh and for karaoke, dont they smoke in the room here too cuase the owner kinda permit it always. Sharon I think you got to stop smoking before me...

    ReplyDelete